Happy Cinco de Mayo!!! If you’re like me, you enjoy some quality Mexican food and maybe some margaritas. Of course today is the perfect day to enjoy that, but this is also a good time for me to let you know of a little event we have coming up next week that you do not want to miss out on! (Oh…and FIVE margarita recipes for you to try!)
Make sure you RSVP to Allison by next Monday to secure your spot!
In honor of next week (and Cinco de Mayo), here’s a classic margarita recipe for you to try out:
- Salt, for rimming the glass (optional)
- 1 1/2 ounces tequila (blanco, 100 percent agave)
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 ounce Cointreau (not Triple Sec)
- If using salt, place in a shallow dish. Moisten the rim of a rocks glass with a dampened paper towel, then dip in salt.
- Fill the glass with ice; add tequila, lime juice, and Cointreau; and stir a few times until chilled. Serve immediately.
And if you’re looking for a little flair and fun, try one of these: